Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

New York, I Love You


New York, I Love You is a collective work of eleven short films, with each segment running around 10 minutes long. Some of the actors have international status (Natalie Portman, Shia LaBeouf, Hayden Christensen, Orlando Bloom, Rachel Bilson, Uğur Yücel, Irrfan Khan, James Caan), with each shooting their part in one of New York's five boroughs. Similar to the previous film, Paris, je t'aime, the shorts presented together may interweave slightly, however they will all tie into the common theme of finding love. New York, I Love You is the second episode of the Cities of Love franchise created and produced by Emmanuel Benbihy.
I agree with reviewers that this is a movie that is not the sum of it's parts--it is the parts. I also agree with the slam that there are no New York directors represented--this is what outsiders like about being in New york, not why New Yorkers live there. Almost more than any other place I have been, this would be two totally different movies. New York, I Love You and couldn't live anywhere else. Or the estate grown version of New York, I Love You. This is something those of us who would struggle to live there can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment