They both taste and look wonderful.
1 c. flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (either kind)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
4 tsp. espresso powder
1 tsp. vanilla
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 Tbs. butter
granulated sugar and confectionery sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix brown sugar, eggs, espresso powder and vanilla in large bowl
- Put chocolate and butter in a small bowl and microwave until melted (about 1 minute on high)
- Add the butter and chocolate to the large bowl, mix thoroughly, then add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, fold together until mixed, then let sit for 10 minutes before forming into balls.
- Form dough into balls and then roll first in granulated suger and then confectionery sugar. I used a #50 scoop to get smaller cookies, but the original recipe called for using a #30 scoop.
- Bake for about 12 minutes--they should be under cooked to get the chewy texture.