Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Time Flies

Time flies.
And so does Tucker.
Wishing him the happiest of birthdays today and a great year ahead.

There are so many times that I see glimpses of myself or my spouse in my kids.  I also enjoy seeing aspects of my brother, or another close relative.  And then there is the unexplainable.  The things that I have no idea where they come from.  Tucker's love of English is no surprise.  We are a family of readers.  The current generation, their offspring, the previous generation, both sides of the family, it is everywhere you look.  His love of sports--that is findable in the gene pool. His adventurous approach to eating--totally explainble.  His love of travel?  We can all pack a bag in no time flat, travel light in order to travel far, and we love to hear languages that are not our own.  What could possibly be a better use of a vacation than to be on the road, or in the air?  No one close to him would argue with that philosophy.  But his sense of fashion?  That came out of nowhere.  It is nice that I can be surprised and perplexed.  I cannot say that I have learned anything about it yet, but that may come.  In the meantime, I encourage Tucker to enjoy the year, and prepare for your post graduation entrance into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment