Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Zivju Lete, Riga, Latvia

If you are interested in seafood, and shellfish in particular, this is a great restaurant. In addition, it has the added bonus of being continually open all afternoon. We have fallen into a routine of eating late in the afternoon, rather than at lunch time of a more traditional dinner time. We like the approach of a light or non-existent breakfast, followed by a late afternoon meal, and then an evening meal of cheese and fruit, or skipping it altogether, but the options for this sometimes are limited. We will take the latest lunch available, but a place like this, with very solid seafood and fish, can be a real plus. I loved the fish dish we had, and the fried calamari was spectacular, especially for me, who loves it and rarely gets it in my land-locked home. The highlight however was the seafood boil, with a rich and delicious garlicy sauce and toasted bread to dip in the sauce, but you pick the content, 100 grams at a minimum and an overall minimum of 500 gms. My only regret is that I didn't order more of the tiny clams that I love, can even dream about, and never ever get enough of, even when I have them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment