Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

The Books Ahead

While I never really get completely through the list of books to read that I develop and maintain from year to year, I do spend time in January every year thinking about the year ahead as it pertains to me and reading. Last year was the best year of reading that I have had recently, maybe ever. The pandemic left me home and with more time on my hands, and as it became clear that by 2022 it was the have's and the have not's--those who were vaccinated could take more chances in public places and those who were not could not safely do so. Even though my whole family fell into the fully vaccinated camp, we still spent more time at home or with each other than out and about. So it is true that I had more time to read than ever before, and while I read almost a book a day throughout last year, there were still many things on my Ro Read list that I did not get to, and hoping the 2023 sees me reading just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment