Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Southern Minnesota Fall

I have been to southern Minnesota exactly twice once when fall has descended and the leaves are turning and the trips were separated by over twenty years. The first time was the year that my youngest son was getting chemotherapy for a brain tumor, which was a year so stressful that I found it difficult to enjoy much of anything or to deeply relax in any way. I understand why we did it, but I am not sure it was worth all the money and trouble. So not surprising maybe that it took me so long to go back! This year, my second trip, was a work trip. I work remotely and part of my job is to supervise several clinics in southern Minnesota. As part of that job, I am to visit them on site once a year, which means it has to happen by the end of September. Usually I make a summer trip, but for one reason and another, that did not happen, and this year's trip was just under the wire--what a gorgeous time to go! I am not much for driving alone, but between a good audiobook and the view, the journey itself was beautiful, and I would recommend it highly!

No comments:

Post a Comment