Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2014

Bien Trucha, Geneva, IL

 


This is a place worth seeking out and eating at.  Zagats gave it 29/30 for food, and they were right on as far as I am concerned.  Everything we are at the restaurant was fantastic.  We sat down and started with chips and a bean dip--I am a big fan of bean dip, so the fact that this is provided gratis was a big plus for me.  The attention of the staff to service was outstanding, and they were all very personable as well.
We opened with the special ceviche, which was made with tilapia, and while I was surprised by the choice of fish, it is a sustainably farmed fish, so I was open minded--and was rewarded.  It was delicious, and the portion was quite large.  Nice to share with at least two people. 

Next we had the poblano chili soup, which had a rich poblano flavor (and color--see it pictured on the left), and was light.  Delicious.  We had the corn salad on the side, which is not light, but fantstic, so do not miss it.  Then we ordered two kinds of tacos.  That was the moment when my spouse and I really wished that we numbered more than two.  This is definitely a place to think about bringing more than a couple of people to because the taco options come with 4 small tacos, and you could really try a variety. 

We got some tortas to go, and while the fillings were deliciou, the bread was too soft for my taste--I would have preferred a crustier, chewier bread.  This is a small thing--do not let it dissuade you from finding this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment