Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Zuchinni and Arugula Salad

This is another recipe from Russell Norman's cookbook of Venetian food. If you cannot travel, cook meals that remind you of place. My spouse finds this decreases his interest in travel, and I find that mine soars and my hopes at the moment are currently dashed. I made this with cucumbers instead of zucchini because it is not summer here (minus zero kind of weather), but I think that zucchini would be great. I sliced the cucumber thin, but I would mandoline the zucchini. The Dressing: 1/3 c. good olive oil one lemon zested and squeezed (about 1/4 c. of juice) minced shallot dab of Dijon mustard salt and pepper Use enough to dress the zucchini you make (there are three cucumbers here, tossed with baby rocket), add the arugula, to taste, and if it is actually summer, add some fresh herbs. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment