Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2021

A Moose on the Loose

In the past year I have gone on three trips, and all of them included spending time on the estern side of the Tetons. I have always loved this part of the country. I first went when I was quite young, back in the days when there were black bears everywhere in Yellowstone, and it imprinted on my mind. In later years, after the garbage had been locked up in national parks and bears had retreated to less populated areas (either by choice or y forced removal) I fell in love with the mountains themselves. Do not get me wrong, I still love the wild life and the thermal pools that make Yellowstone so unique, but the Tetons have long been a favorite.
So in this pandemic year, that is where I have spent my time away from home. There are a lot of factors that play into this, but one is hard to quantify, and that is the peace of heart that I feel when I am there. Part of it is surely the house and home and friendships that I find so satisfying. It is then quite fitting that when we were about to leave our newly acquired home there, trying to beat a snow storm before it closed the mountain pass between us and the airport, my very last glimpse was of this guy, who marries the mountain with the lives that live there, in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment