Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Wedding Season (2023)

I will admit that in this genre--romance comedies that go immeditately to a streaming platform without passing go--I am very generous when it comes to criticism. The whole reason that I am choosing a movie in this genre is because I do not want to think, I want to be able to tell what the end will be like from how it begins, and absoultely, no exceptions, no surprises. I watch these sorts of films when I am stressed by this, that, or the other, and I want a mind clearing couple of hours--in that framework, this did not disappoint. I was recovering from putting on a wedding and about to go to another, so it was fun even. What happens? To appease their moms, a pair of Indian American entrepreneurs pretend to be dating each other so that their over invovled parents don't continue to set them up, and agree to attend a season of weddings together. There are a lot of cultural cliches, and if that is a deal breaker for you then skip this one--but if you love a little Bollywood dancing, then that is an added bit of fun in this. You choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment