Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Potato Pancakes

It has been forever since I last made potato pancakes, definitely since before I had cancer which means at least nine years ago, but I would bet it has been longer. I really only eat them once a year, or at least just in this time of year, and if someone else makes them, then I don't and that has happened pretty routinely, it turns out. I am writing this down because it avoids the thing I like least about making them, which is when the potatoes get grey before they are cooked. 3 lbs. potatoes, grated (I use the food processor) 1-2 onions, grated 3-4 eggs 2-4 Tbs. of flour, potato starch, or bread crumbs salt and pepper to taste Grate the onions and potatoes together, and submerge in water until ready to start frying. Drain and pat dry, add the other ingredients and start the oil up to fry them immediately. I used a #30 scoop but you could go smaller. Fry until you can see them browning nicely then flip. Makes enough for 10 people to have quite a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment