Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2024

The Quest to Quilt

I have been working on getting myself back into quilting after my father died, and this quilt, which is a pattern that is available free of charge, was one that I did with a class at my local crafting store, Home Ec Workshop. I so love the store, it is in a hundred year old house, with lots of quilt-friendly fabric and lovely yearns for sale, and a classroom in the back that is just fun to be in. I had taken one class there since his death, and unfortunately, I did not care for the pattern much. I did manage to make 2 throws, and I quilted them both before the class ended--so a very good start--but it did not stick, and so I needed yet another push from somewhere. Luckily I have a co-worker who quilts. She has been doing double duty as a fabulous person to work with AND an inspirational quilter. She was my spirit guide at my first QuiltCon last year, she introduced me to her Modern Quilting Guild--which was a huge boon, because they are almost entirely on line and so I joined them, a source of monthly inspiration as well as specific times to quilt together--I really couldn't ask for more. She lost her father the year before I lost mine, and she came out of it okay, so I should too. In any case, she is a great role model, and inch by inch, taking baby steps, I am working on getting my creative aura back.

No comments:

Post a Comment