Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Denver: 100 Favorite Dishes


The article linked to above in Westwards delineated the 100 favorite places to get a particular dish. I thought it was an excellent way to approach to finding places to eat in a city that is unknown to you. If the whole package is less important to you, then reviewers like Fodor's and Zagat's might over rate a place that had less distinctive food if the service and the atmosphere were superior, whereas neither of those things are particularly meaningful to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't like to wait an hour between dishes, but at the same time I don't need someone on hand to pour more water in my glass after each sip either--and if I had to choose, I would go for slow inattentive service over above average food.
The advantage of a "I really want a breakfast burrito--where should I get that?" kind of a list is that if you are in a particular mood for a particular dish, then this will guide you. Or if that dish sounds so great, the whole experience could be a winner. This list can be dovetailed with other sources--like Yelp--and you are increasing your chances of the dining experience you are seeking for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment