Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grilled Squid with Melon, Mint, and Pumpkin Seed Salad


I returned to Donald Link's restaurant 'Herbsaint' in the Warehouse district in New Orleans for a meal. When I was in New Orleans last year, I had my favorite meal there, and I wanted to retread some of those steps. This salad was remarkable--the grilled flavor of the squid, balanced by the sweet melon and the earthiness of the pumpkin seeds, with mint and lemon flavors singing throughout the salad made it memorable and I I want to recreate it.
The grilled squid could be substituted with small grilled shrimp, or even chicken in a pinch.
Honeydew melon and watermelon in small diced size bites.
A handful of pumpkin seeds tossed it, and then the rest is lemon, mint, a sprinkle of pumpkin seed oil with salt and pepper. Simple and marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment