Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2013

Jazz Fest Food Highlights

Happy Birthday to my mother--she is definitely an afficionado of good food, so this post is dedicated to her--and she loves her seafood, so she would have loved to have been on hand to taste what Jazz Fest had to offer.

There is every possibility that returning to Jazz Fest meant that the foods would almost certainly disappoint--the memories of previous Jazz Fest food were almost certainly inflated in my memory.  On the other hand, most of what I ate over the weekend I was there was pretty darn good.  The real problem was wading through the mud to actually access the food--that part was largely unmanagable for me--my flip flops sunk into ankle deep mud, and I barely made it out with my food in tact--future trips were undertaken by those with more appropriate food wear and bolder souls.

Highlights of the food include the poboys, as sandwiches are known--the shrimp poboy, the cochon au lait poboy and the oyster poboy were all well worth the calories to enjoy.  I am not much of a day time drinker (in actuality, I am a teetoteller whil ethe sun is up), so iced tea was my beverage of choice and it was delicious.  The Rose Mint tea was my favorite.  Another highlight was the crawfish remoulade--served over a bed of cold lettuce, it was fantastic.  I liked the ettouffe, could have passed on the gumbo, skipped the pies, but a few of them were very tempting, and did not like the crawfish pie.  All in all, it was a very very delicious weekend at Jazz Fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment