Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lemon Falls, Chagrin Falls, OH

I was visiting my parents in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, which is a small village east of Cleveland that was a summer community for the well to do.  Now it is part Cleveland Suburb, part quaint village.  They took me to eat at a new restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch.

They have baked goods and some breakfast sandwiches, but the lunch menu of salads, soups, and sandwiches was very impressive.  We were there for one reason only--to have their lobster roll sandwiches, but there were several other things that I would have considered having if that was not available, and their chicken salad is reputed to be especially impressive.  I had the cauliflower soup, and it was a little too delicately flavored, and a little under-salted for my taste, but the texture was perfect.  Very smooth, with a reasonable texture that either resulted from a Vitamix or running the coup through a fine sieve.  I wouldn't give up on the soup, in other words.
The highlight was the lobster roll--the owner is from Massachusetts, so he knows a thing or two about what makes a good lobster roll.  The meat was predominantly claw and arm joint meat, which is richer and more delicately textured than tail meat.  My parents were born and raised in Maine, and make a regular pilgrimage to Lemon Falls to experience this sandwich.  Perfection!  The side order of home pickled cucumbers was quite good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment