Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

So You Say You Want A Resolution

You say you want a resolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out

Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright

You say you got a real solution
Well you know
We don't love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well you know
We're doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait.

In truth I am a little bit too young to really have appreciated what the Beatles brought to the rock and roll table.   I came of age with the Grateful Dead (who I am also a bit young for, but they kept playing for so long that I managed to be young with their music and grow old before it was all over).  But I do love the Beatles, and somehow the lyrics continue to be meaningful to me well into my middle years.  But I digress.  Here goes. 

For 2014, I hope to learn a lot--I am working with my youngest son as a tutor for some of his college classes, and it has been sobering to see how little I really know.  And that I am definitely not a natural at some things.  I am reading at a pace like no other, and I hope to keep that up and to benefit from it.

I hope to cook a little more--the pace of academic requirements in 2013 definitely negatively impacted my cooking output, and I am hoping to make modest improvement in that.  I did do a better job than the year before, but I want to expand my vegetable side dish repertoire, primarily with things that do not take all day to make, and despite having the same primary ingredient are distinctly different from each other.  I would like to make one quilt in 2014, and see if I can make a dent in my fabric collection.  I hope to help design and complete one major home improvement project on my 1860 Victorian farmhouse that I am really proud of (in 2013 it was a gorgeous carriage house style garage, but I mostly deserve no credit for that other than that it cost money and I am employed).  I hope to convince my husband that I will be miserable without a dog, but that may be beyond my capabilities, so I will stop right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment