Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Check Out Valerie June

Please listen to this wonderful clip of a woman who is a fabulous song writer, banjo player and performer.

I am not much for getting out, but thankfully I have offspring and friends who see to it that I occasionally manage a night of music.  I went to see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings recently and they were pretty terrific--the band especially (an 8 piece band, with three horn players and a conga drummer, which must cost the earth to tour with, but it sure was great to hear)--but the real hit of the evening for me was being introduced to her opening act, Valerie June. She is an incredibly fun performer to watch, she has style and grace, her voice is unusual and interesting, and her songs are whimsical and mournful and memorable.  Not to mention that she has fabulous turquoise cowboy boots and the cutest little baby banjo.

No comments:

Post a Comment