Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Kale and Feta

It is true, this has been a summer full of kale.  I came home from my CSA and got to work.  I shredded some cabbage, kohlrabi,  and carrot to make an Asian style slaw while my husband used our new cast iron grill pan to make all the summer squash into a dressed room temperature salad.   Then I tackled the kale.  This can be served room temperature or cold.  Perfect picnic food.

1 bunch kale, chiffoned
4 cloves garlic minced
1/4 c. spring onion, thinly sliced
1/3 cup feta, crumbled

Steam or boil the kale until it is tender, then drain completely, and add to a bowl with the garlic and onion, and toss.  Add in feta.  At this point you have a lot of options.  In addition to squeezing a lemon over the dish and drizzling some olive oil, tossing in some chopped fresh herbs,  and salt and pepper to taste, you can mix in one of a few other things depending on where you want to take the flavor profile, including:

Olives
Diced Apples
Chopped Pecans


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Catherine. I came over to visit your blog after reading your comment on my travel blog. The China posts bring back fond memories of a trip we took almost twenty years ago. Interesting to think of how many people must have passed by Mao's body in the interim.

    I admire your discipline in posting on such a regular basis.

    I hope you will post more about the historic McCollister home. I would love to see pictures from "back in the day," as well as some of the historical background.

    ReplyDelete