Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Exhausting Year

What to make of this year?  It has been truly exhausting to watch a largely incompetant man dismantle much of the good that came out of the previous eight years, and it appears to be at base racism in it’s most transparent form.  Such a contrast between the two, and the whole experience has left me, one year later, even less tolerant of those who did not vote for Hilary.  Yes, I blame you, and no, I do not want to talk about it or work it out.  There is no common ground to find at this point.
On the other hand, we have some things to cling to in gratitude.  The first is that I and many others around me are more politically engaged.  In my town we elected a Sudanese woman to the school board this year.  We has some nice voter turnout in the Deep South, in a state where the voter ID law was met with productive resistance, whereby they registered almost a million new voters.
Personally, I have been able to travel far and wide this year, and that has been very joyful for me.  I hope that the good continues to outweigh the bad as we move into 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment