Search This Blog

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Lego Batman (2017)

On the off chance that this might be nominated in the animated film category, I watched it on a recent long haul flight, and all I can say is that I really hope it does not make the cut.  I fell asleep twice, not just once, but twice while watching it, and it was not that late at night when I started.  I dutifully rewound the film to the spot where I last remembered the action, and so as a consequence this took me so much longer than you could imagine, and in the end I thought it was just awful.  And I unexpectedly loved the first Lego movie!
There are a few things that I can say that are positive, though.  The first is that there really is nothing that I wouldn't let a young child see, so it is a family movie that could be watched over a long weekend or a snow day.  The other is that, like the first movie, there is great integrity to the Lego format, which will be very pleasing for those who spent their youth assembling these (or their parenthood, as the case may be).  And while it is silly, it is not mean.  So there is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment