Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Ceramic Wall Art

I was in a hotel in transition in Florida recently, where my room was on the verge of being sad, but the conference center was well appointed.  It was not just me who was struck by this dichotomy; I was speaking with someone else who stayed at the same hotel, and he noted that the key players at his meeting stayed at a nearby hotel, rather than struggle with the brink of decrepitude.
The thing that I like the most about it was the plethora of ceramic flowers on the wall.  They are playful, with some of them quite complex, but the overall effect is that this is an art installation, which looks different from different angles. 
So I really love these, and I am pretty sure that I could afford them (after all, my house has very small rooms and therefore covering a wall is a minimalist endeavor even if you went hog wild), but the  I am sure that if I had them at home they would be a cleanup nightmare, and one that I would be unlikely to wake up from because obsessive cleanliness is not something that anyone would associate with me.  So much as I really like them, pursuing

No comments:

Post a Comment