Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2018

Father Figures (2018)

In my defense, I watched this movie on a plane, using the United entertainment app, and even with that, I had to split it between two flights.  So excuse me if I enjoyed it.  I am almost completely alone in that, at least as far as the critics are concerned.  It has an unusually high number of one star ratings. 
The cast has got a lot of actors with name recognition.  Owen Wilson and Ed Helms play twin sons with Glenn Close as their mother.  When she gets remarried, they discover that she has not been entirely truthful about their paternity, and despite their wildly different personalities and priorities, they take off on a road trip to find their dad.  The candidates include the Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw (who plays himself), JK Simmons, and Christopher Walken.  It is not nearly as good as the cast would imply, but it is what you would expect of an Owen Wilson movie from start to finish, and there were more than one moment of laughing out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment