Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Organizational Ideas From an Asian Kitchen

This is the wall of a restaurant where we had breakfast in Singapore.  It is amazing how well off Singapore is, how expensive things are, especially compared with other countries in the neighborhood.  I was not there long enough to really get a feel for it, but somehow this wall of kitchen essentials seems very much like the orderliness of everything around it.  I could really use some of this in my life, having everything that I need on a regular basis fit neatly together and stack up so nicely that I wouldn't even need cabinets to hide the clutter behind.  But instead, I have almost exclusively mismatched dishes of all different sizes, many of which I have bought from places I have traveled to or at thrift shops and estates sales.  I have managed to harmonize my water glasses to pint glasses that we pick up when we travel both near and far, but that is the only thing, and while i love the way this looks, I would have to give up much too much of things I love to achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment