Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Annex Kitchen, Fresno, CA

I recently had the pleasure of eating in this restaurant, which is the best bold American food that I have eaten in Fresno (I have to exclude Mexican food, because there is a lot of excellent versions of a wide range of Mexican food in the Central Valley).
I had the squid ink pasta with seafood sauce that was perfect.  The pasta was cooked the way I like it, which is 1/2 minute beyond when it still has some rawness in the middle. and the sauce had small pieces of seafood, so you didn't need to cut anything up.  My table mates both had the butternut squash agnolotti, which was also delicious.  We shared some appetizers, of which my favorite was the herb and cheese filled ariancini, because I do not make them at home and I love them, but the cauliflower was excellent, as was the bread and the butter lettuce salad.  I definitely had the feeling that this is the sort of restaurant that if you went back and had a completely different dinner it would still be excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment