Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2022

Taste by Stanley Tucci

Buckle up, this is mostly fun, with a side of seriousness thrown in. This is a memoir that revolves almost entirely around food--the role it plays in his life, the making of it, the recipes for his favorite dishes, the experience of eating food, and then what happens when you can't do that for a period of time (he had cancer of the tongue). There is a bit of name dropping, nothing too egregious--he is, after all, a well known actor who met his current wife at a celebrity wedding, he is entitled to brag a bit). The best thing I can say is that he seems to know what he is talking about, and I share his sensibilities around food--it made me sad that I did not grow up eating the way he did, but I think that I have more than made up for it since. I also hope that my children feel like they grew up with a breadth of exposure to food from around the world and a love of both the eating and the making of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment