Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

French Doors

My last trip out of my country was months ago, but some things stick with you. My favorite thing to do when I am traveling is to drive around and see towns. The next favorite thing is to walk around ancient towns and villages, and on a trip that doesn't feature a car rental, that is what I do, between museums and eating local cuisine. The architecture of place holds endless fascination for me for reasons that I cannot explain.
When I comb through my travel photos, the thing that I have the most pictures of is buildings, but the feature of buildings that I most love, especially in medieval towns, is the door.
In ancient times, the door was the most vulnerable experior feature (provided the windows face into an inner sanctum) and so they are both functional and artistic, and for me, memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment