Search This Blog

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Ahime, Bologna, Italy

This is a Bib Gourmande restaurant in Bologna that serves imaginative regional cuisine with a careful focus on seasonal, sustainably produced ingredients. Many of the items on the menu, which changes often if not daily, were also vegetarian, and some vegan. The food was beautiful and popular--those around us, almost all Italians, got several items per person at lunch time, and there was a lot of appreciation for the food. I liked this restaurant but did not love it--I think if I lived in Bologna, and could get the regional specialties that are so delectable any day of the week I would have been more appreciative of this restaurant. As it was, I wished that I was at a more classic Bolognese restaurant eating a heavily pasta and parmesan meal. However, this is recommended highly--exceptionally well prepared and flavored food that might even be slightly healthier than what I craved.

No comments:

Post a Comment