Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2023

Wedding Cake

The cake! Something that seems to be fading a bit in importance, which overall I think is a good thing. The last wedding I went to was on a dairy sheep farm, and the cake was a tower of cheese--so much more pratcial and so much less fragile--and about equivalent in cost to a bakery cake! My friend that I bake with and I made this one for the wedding on one of my son's and it is always a bit of a pain and it is not at all practical as a means of feeding your wedding guests. It is soley for the pictures, it often times seems. So, we made it a real cake, with real frosting that was purported to hold up well to the elements, and told the wedding planner that it was just for looks, do not worry if flies land on it or bees swarm it. Almost no one will eat it, and we will warn them--it is at their own risk!

No comments:

Post a Comment