Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

Zaza's Pasta

This store, which sells several things that are related to pasta, is really all about fresh made pasta.  And it is spectacular.  The best.   I can't say enough great things about it.   Last week I went in and bought a pound each of spinach fettuccine, pumpkin fettuccine, and garlic chive fettuccine--they were all delicious, and they cook in 3-4 minutes, so you can go from walking in the door to eating within 15 minutes.  That isn't the most important feature of a meal for me nowadays, but back when I had four boys to feed, that was of paramount importance.

Zaza's also sells frozen ravioli by the dozen as well--these are also scrumptious,.  They also cook up in no time.  I really hope this new venture is successful.  The ability to stop and get great quality fresh pasta raises the quality of life in Iowa City to a new level for me that I hope can be sustained.  The shop is south of downtown at 518 Bowery Street, with two parking spots nestled behind the store.  I love the feel of the store and wish it all the best.  Meanwhile, I am getting pasta once a week and basking in the luxury that such good food engenders.    This week was egg fettuccine,and large lobster tortellini in a beet pasta.  I can't wait to see what next week holds.  Check out their Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment