Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Mile 22 (2018)

As happens every March, the movies that i watch during this month are always just a little disappointing.  I have spent December, January, and February watching all of the Oscar nominees in every category, and some of the short listed movies that didn't quite make the final cut, and they are almost all really great.  I feel myself in touch with American pop culture for the briefest of times, and in love with going to the movies.  This year I even bought a refillable popcorn bucket, so excited was I by it all.
Then comes March, the month where even on the plane I look through the movies and I have seen practically all of them.  So on a recent Tanspacific flight I watched this movie--an action adventure movie that was perfect for the wine and dinner, soon to be followed by sleep and jetlag.  None the less, this was really just one long shoot out, where the object of protection is of somewhat dubious value and is unthankful for being saved and the lives it cost to do so.  Oh dear.  If one is seeking action, then this might fit the bill.  Otherwise skip over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment