Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Ten Years a Blogger

I started blogging in the winter of 2009.  My plans were very modest.  I had been contemplating writing more often and regularly, which blogging is and was an effective way to accomplish that goal.  Two of my children had left home and another was on the way, so it was a way to communicate with them in a way that was passive and non-demanding.  The tipping point came when my father-in-law, nearing the end of his life secondary to a terminal illness, wanted to get to know his extended family better.  So I put it out there, things that I would say publicly about my thoughts, experiences, and dreams, things that I love, things I make, places I go, all of it was fair game.
Looking back, it has been a medium that is well suited to me.  When I was diagnosed with cancer in 2015, this was a place where I could describe what that was like for me.  I have shared highs and lows over the decade, and very much look forward to keeping it up in the decade ahead, so long as I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment