Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2021

Raging Back

I have seen this bubbling up all around me. The rising anger of the vaccinated towards those who refuse to be vaccninated, the selfish amongst us who cannot even have a needle in the arm to protect those around them, to help their community, and by virtue of that, their country and our economic stability. I had an encounter today that summed up my personal feelings of anger about it. I have been talking about the vaccine with everyone I see since November. It is a public health emergency, with people dying unnecessarily, straining the resources of the health care system, and putting us all at risk both medically and financially. Not to mention the psychological strain it puts front line health care workers under and their on the job risk of contracting the disease. Today is the first time that I was questioned for doing so--I answered them back, swiftly and with reasons from a number of different fronts. When I mentioned it puts children under 12 at risk, they said, without a thought, "I don't have children at home." This epitomizes the anti-vaxxers. They care not who they harm, not children, not the elderly, they care only for themselves, they are mean in spirit, and this is the bad part--I have lost my empathy. They no longer have a corner on the anger market. At first I was sad about this, but then I remember--it was anger that propelled people to the polls in 2020 and so maybe a little anger goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment