Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Baby Journey

One of my friends, a woman who had one child when I met her, with one on the way, and who now has five, calls parenting the baby journey and I like to think of it this way. I like her too, and I love her attitude, and this is one thing I am borrowing from her and making something that matters to me from something that matters to her. Today is the anniversary of my becoming a parent. It comes in the midst of a surprisingly busy part of the summer, even though it is full on COVID again, and I just want to briefly put the brakes on and think about that fateful moment, where I went from being childless to being a parent. When I was pregnant with my first born a small glitch occurred at the end which delayed my delivery. It was a very hot month, and I was ready to be done with it. Then one of my attendings said to me that I should enjoy these last few moments of not having any children because I would be a parent for the rest of my life. I did not really understand it then, but I do now. So a big happy birthday to my eldest, who is himself a life long parent now.

No comments:

Post a Comment