Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2022

Shrimp Piccata Spaghetti+

My husband has been sending me recipes as he comes upon them in the course of his day, maybe in the hopes that I will make them. I have worked from home for almost a year and a half, which has been an amazing way to transition from a high powered job to a less intense job as I make my way towards retirement, but the sad truth is that while I am able to accomplish all of my work tasks within the confines of the traditional work day, I do not find myself with a lot of time on my hands. The good news about this recipe is that it is easy peasy, requiring less than half an hour from slowly amazzing the ingredients to having the meal on the table. Kosher salt and black pepper 1 pound spaghetti 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (1/2 cup) 3 garlic cloves, minced 1 pound cleaned medium shrimp, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces 1 cup thawed frozen peas 2 tablespoons capers, plus 2 tablespoons caper brine 3 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain pasta. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in it. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium-low, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp just turn opaque, 4 to 5 minutes. If the shrimp is done before the pasta finishes, remove the skillet from heat. Return pasta and 1 cup of the reserved pasta water to the large pasta pot and heat over medium. Add the shrimp mixture, peas, capers, caper brine and the remaining 3 tablespoons butter, and season with salt and pepper. Stir vigorously until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment