Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2022

The Chef Table, The Webster, Iowa City

The Webster is hands down the best restaurant in Iowa City and possibly the best in all of Iowa, so it is a great fortune that it is less than 10 minutes from my house, and that without much in theway of advanced planning, a table can be had there. Now that it is summer, the outdoor patio is also open, so if COVID gets much worse, it is still a safe and delicious dining option.
The thing that I had forgotten about until I went there recently was that they do a limited number of Chef's Table dinners, seating up to four guests and serving small portions of mutliple options from the menu. I did this once and only once, and it was spectacular.
My only additional recommendation beyond that this is a safe place for trying things you don't think you will like is that if you are so inclined, the wine pairings are as a rule exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment