Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2022

The Good King Tavern, Philadelphia

My spouse and I were in Philadelphia recently trying to show my mother-in-law a good time and we ate at this French bistro in the downtown area. Philadelphia has a wonderful restaurant scene in the area, and there are so many choices to choose from for dining, both in the wide ranging ethnic food options and in the fine dining arena. So a plethora of riches. We chose this place and while it wasn't perfect for me, it was for my two fellow diners and here is why. It was exactly what you would expect from a French bistro, and if you order as such I think you will be very happy here. They have a duck of the day, so you could have that every time. My MIL had a duck pate and a duck breast main course, and if they hadn't run out of the duck heart appetizer, she would have ordered that as well. My spouse had mussels, and they were perfect in every way, and the salad I ordered was a traditional French salad dressing (albeit with more modern greens than you would have been served traditionally), and the frites were exceptional. So if you have a hankering for bistro food, this would be a good place to scratch that itch.

No comments:

Post a Comment