Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Quantumania (2023)

This movie just makes me feel old--which is ironic, because there are actors in this that have high name recognition and are older than me, but there it is. Also, it makes me a bit sad, since the Antman movies are the piece of the Marvel universe that I have liked the best. Without much in the way of a preamble, Antman and and his daughter Cassie are warped into a quantum-level universe. Nearly the entire story takes place in the Quantum Realm, a bizarre place where beings have broccoli for heads and they use flying mitochondria for transportation. While there’s plenty of never-before-seen sci-fi stuff to absorb (no doubt we will need it in order to have a hope of keeping up in the next marvel installation), there is seemingly no rhyme or reason behind any of it, so it all feels like computer-generated window dressing that has no bearing on events taking place. I was not a big fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment