Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2023

Solare Ristorante, San Diego

I was in San Diego for the birding festival, and on the very last day, after our last morning of guided birding and before I was to be dropped at the airport, we stopped here for lunch. It is a Michelin Bib Gourmande restaurant, which means that it is well prepared food that is a good value, and I would say that fits. I was traveling with a vegetarian for whom the most successful cuisines that overlap for us are Italian and Mexican. There was a limited menu for her, but she was happy with the choice and the two of us who eat seafood were very happy. The arancini were spectacular--but limited in number! This made me want to make them at home, so I could eat as many as I would like, and the cost would be modest. They make their own pasta, so that is a must as well. The ambiance is fine, but the food is really excellent, and if you want a restaurant that is both good and a stone's throw from the airport, this is a good bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment