Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Chile Margarita

In the lead up to the wedding for one of my kids, I sent my spouse to Trader Joe's to get a few things that I needed (or at least preferred to get there) for the food. We had a monumental undertaking and I wanted all the do ahead pieces to be accomplished in that time frame (no, that did not 100% happen! But enough of it happened that it wasn't terrible to be in my house or in my shoes the week of the event). One silver lining to that stop was that he bought these dried oranges and the chili lime salt mix and decided to pair them with some of the voluminous chiles in our garden and make a cocktail. Tequila 2 1/4 oz Mezcal 1 1/2 oz Ancho Reyes 1 1/4 oz Lime juice 1 1/2 oz Chocolate bitters 5 dashes City’s bitters 5 dashes Shake with ice; strain over fresh ice into glasses rimmed with Chile-lime (I used Trader Joe’s, but could use Tajin), garnish with dehydrated citrus wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment