Saturday, August 1, 2026
Avatar: Fire and Ash (2025)
It turns out that I am not much for spectagular CGI pomp and circumstance,
and that I need less in the way of family dramas and more in the way of a story, even for a movie that is all about the visual.
I read several reviews, and I can see that I am in the minority when it comes to this, and while I thought the first movie was good and also visually stunning, I am not one for dragging the story out, and there seemed to be a lot of that her. For example, while this is the final installment in a trilogy, it would surprise me not if there was another one in the works.
So why did I even bother?
That is an excellent question, and it is really a matter of filling out my bingo card--there were only four movies that were nominated for the 2026 Oscars that I had not seen (Cutting Though Rocks, Children No More, and THe Ugle Stepsister remain), and it was available on a long flight that got me to the table, and while I am not sorry I saw it, it probably deserved the win in Visual Effects (although a little sad about that), and no, I would not seek out another, but would probably watch if it were again nominated--which is how I ended up seeing the first two. My favorite for visual effects was Sinners, with The Lost Bus as my second choice.
So in summary, if you like lush visuals with lots of action, this is a good one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment