Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Oak and Iron, Randolph, Vermont

This is a welcome new addition to the dining scene in Randolph. It is housed in a restaurant space I have previously eaten in, and they have done a nice job with it since. There is a well stocked bar with interesting looking cocktails that we did not partake in, and the menu is medium sized, varied, and overall well prepared. I did not care for the iteration of meatloaf I got (I was trying it to see if I got any ideas to improve on my own version and that did not happen--and not because mine is unbeatable) and my husband liked his fish, but we both thought the risotto could use some spice and some work on the texture. The side vegetables for both our meals were very good--well prepared and well flavored. We shared a Caesar salad that was excellent, with white anchovies, a bright and balanced lemon flavor and good parmesan. Randolph overall seems to be on the upswing compared to recent years. The corner restaurant space on Main Street is still empty--which is too bad because it has lots of windows and light and would be an excellent breakfast and lunch place to take advantage of that--but this is a good devlopment, and the fact that there is another new restaurant of note that we will try next year should it survive the winter is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment