Thursday, October 8, 2026
Tavern 19, Shakopee, Minnesota
I am mostly unfamiliar with the western suburbs of Minneapolis, so when my clinic there had the need for a lunch I let the locals pick a location.
I was initially hesitant when we entered, as it is on a golf course, and my bias was that there would be less of a focus on food and more of a focus on things like course conditions and beer on tap.
The restaurant was very accomodating of our large crowd, which arrived unannounced, and the menu was varied enough to accomodate a wide range of dietary desires and restrictions, and at a reasonable price. This is particularly important when you are requiring co-workers to both eat together and pay their own way.
The most amazing thing about my lunch there was that I was facing a big picture window that overlooked a flower garden aimed at pollinators and there were literally dozens of Monarch butterflies flitting about, maybe hundreds, but certainly more than I had ever seen before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment