Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Prince of Persia


Am I really commenting on a movie that is based on a video game? My only defense is that I give everything a chance, and that while I made numerous deprecatory remarks about 'Pirates of the Carribean' prior to it's release--it is not a ride with a lot of content, certainly not one that lent itself to an obviously engaging story line, the first movie proved me wrong. An engaging hero can carry a movie--not always, as the two sequels demonstrated, but a script can expand on an atmosphere and the movie can be fun and memorable.
I confess to a weakness for Jake Gylenhaal, and I have been reading the AP World History text book, and since it is the beginning of the year, have just read about the Persian Empire, it's people and it's scope. So I felt that the action-packed movie, with a hero who has a propensity of parcuer, was fun and entertaining to watch--far better than I would have predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment