Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Red Rocks


I love this picture (thank you to Cheryl, my sister-in-law, for taking it and posting it to her Facebook page so I could see it). The reasons are multi-factorial, which should please both people in the photograph--one is my son and the other is my brother, but they are both engineers. One by training, and the other is in-training.
The first is that they look like they are related. There is something about their stance, their faces, and their expressions whereby each of them reminds me of the other. They both look happy and comfortable in their own skin. Who knows if that is indeed true, but that is the air they are giving off to me. They are in a place that I love, and it suits them, which is nice for me to see.
I am really happy that they are there together--Abe is my third child to go to college, but it is only just now that it seems real to me. My house is emptying out, my children are adults (Abe, just crossed that mark less than a week ago, but cross it he did). The time to visit children in college is waning, and it is time to get serious about doing it! Otherwise, I am going to have to make do with visiting other people's children in college--well, this picture makes that look not so bad. Maybe I should do more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment