Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Buttermilk Pancakes


2 large eggs
3 Tbs. butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1 1/2 c. flour
1 Tbs. sugar
In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, melted butter, baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, flour and sugar until the mixture is smooth.
If you separate the eggs and whip the egg whites, then fold them in, the pancakes are fluffier rather than cakey.
Use real maple syrup, no matter the cost.
I love to make breakfast for dinner. The French have their heavy meal in the middle of the day, and then make an omelet for dinner. I can go with that, but occasionally I like to have the full on, heavy duty breakfast. The whole kit and caboodle, with bacon, sausage, hash browns and pancakes, all served at dinner time. I am not a morning person, nor do I eat much in the morning--fruit and yogurt would be a hefty morning meal for me. But I do like the traditional American breakfast, just not at the traditional breakfast time. I am fortunate to have a family that indulges this luxury on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment