Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Puzzling


My mother loves to do puzzles. When she comes to visit, which she does 3-4 times a year, she likes to set up a puzzle and work on it with my children. They have been doing this for well over a decade, and her recent visit was no exception. In the past they have stayed a week or more, but this time she is in recovery from a broken wrist and the visit was a short one--only one puzzle was completed.
But an intersting thing happened. My children were not ready to end the puzzling. We even purchased a new puzzle since the one the kids had given my mother left with her, undone. There have been five additioanl puzzles completed to date, and all the Kline boys have participated actively (amongst others). I think it is nice to have things that you associate with people you care for. That doing puzzles will always remind my children of their grandmother is a very nice thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment