Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Dance, Dance, Dance to Celebrate

The past month has been particularly celebratory in our family. We have had two bar mizvahs and a wedding, and all three had music that one could really dance to. Such a treat. I am not a particularly graceful or accomplished dancer, but I do enjoy it. Why? I like the movement, the interpretation of something that you hear into something that you do. But I think it is a very communal activity. I have danced with my husband, my nieces and nephews, my children, my extended family, my husband's siblings and my own. It is a way to demonstrate how happy you are to be at the event, that you are celebrating, and you are celebrating with friends and family. My son's wedding was the most recent event, and it reminded me of how lucky I am to have family and friends who come from near and far to enjoy life's milestones. So much to be thankful for. My parents and my mother-in-law have been able to be at a grandchild's wedding. We have an extended family that has faithfully come to each event, which makes the celebrating fuller and more rewarding. There is so much about the event that you attempt to plan for so that it will be enjoyable, but the company is something you have no control over. When they are there, you can dance, dance, dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment