Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Polish Pottery

I have long standing love of dishes. I have a set of my grandmother's dishes, a set of my greta grandmother's and a set of my husband's grandmother's dishes. It would take a lofty numberof guests for me to run out of plates. Part of what I love is the decorations that make dishes a craft rather than purely utilitarian, and the Polish have a knack for doing that well. I have quite a few Polish pottery serving dishes, and all of our favorite bowls come from Poland. This was both a blessing and a curse on my recent trip to Poland. We saw so many wonderful hand painted dishes there that it was hard not to want to bring them all home. On the other hand, there are so many dishes that a household can be said to need. I compromised and brought back small bowls, and a few salt cellars (you can always use another condiment receptical), and did a lot of looking and yearning instead of buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment