Search This Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Belgian Chocolates

Today I am back off to Spain, and still remembering my last European trip.

There is something about these adorable shapes that prevail in Belgian chocolate shops that is really appealing.  When I brought home a small box of these from my summer stop in Belgium, I served them to a table of 8 people, and we all jsut looked at them at first.  One by one the chocoaltes were removed from the plate and enjoyed, but the very last one was a shell shaped chocolate--it really looked like the best one and no one wanted to be thought of as ther person that would hog that sepcial chocolate.  Eventually there were no other choices, but even then, there was hesitation--and ultimately the chocolate was carved up into even smaller pieces and shared around the table.

The quality of the chocolate is also superior--I am not always crazy about the fillings (strawberry buttercream is not a favorite, and while I like marzipan in very small quantities, more than one chocolate with that filling is over my limit, I am afraid), they are top quality ingredients.  The funny thing about Belgium is that the things they do better than anywhere else are available everywhere--you do not have to search out a chocolate shop--oh, no.  They are everywhere.  The only challenge is to find the best value.  And all the fun might be in trying out the options.

No comments:

Post a Comment